Last summer I started working with the rover team to modify the rover to be used for another research project. The original rover did extremely well at the competition but they were working under tight time restrictions and almost all of the work was done by undergrads. That meant there was a lot of work needed to fix and modify it.
My Master’s research involved sensing the environment using a UAV or “drone”. Do do this I needed some method of reading sensors, logging data, and transmitting it back to the ground station. This post shows the three different designs I used and talks about them a bit. I’m not expecting this to be a super popular post but just want to document it so I can get it out of my brain.
I’m working on a robot project and one of the intended uses is to teach line following to college students. For this, I’m making an array of 9 RPR-220 reflectance sensors. This post will describe the part I’ve designed and the reasoning behind it. It’s a bit rambly so consider yourself forewarned.